POEMS BY ABBAS KIAROSTAMI, THE LEGENDARY IRANIAN FILMMAKER !

Half of me
is yours
the other half
is mine.
***
One side of the window
faces me,
the other side
faces the passers-by.
***
I am thinking how to express
something inexpressible;
how boring to listen
to what you already know.
***
I am afraid of heights;
I have fallen from a high place.
I am afraid of fire;
I have been burned many times.
I am afraid of separation;
often have I been offended.
I am not afraid of death;
I have never died before,
not even once.
***
I divine
the depth of a mirage
from the amount of my thirst.
***
This day of mine
was lost
like all the other days,
half of it thinking of yesterday,
half of it thinking of tomorrow.
***
Beyond good and evil,
the sky
is blue.
***
This road
has been abandoned
for many years;
though the wind flowers
do not seem to know.
***
In the dictionary of my life
the defination of love
keeps changing.
***
I recorded a masterpiece
in my diary
in the middle of the night.
when morning came
it was no more than gibberish.
***
Bury my heart
separately
It is fragile.
***

Comments